Thursday, September 21, 2006

"The sun is shining!"

This morning I had to fill the coffee urns with hot water before brewing the coffee, so that the urns were warm enough to keep the coffee warm. So I filled 3 of the 4 urns and set the coffee maker up to brew a pot of dark roast. I shoved the appropriate urn under and started to brew the coffee, then walked down the back and around the corner for a minute to attend to something. When I got back, the coffee was all over the counter and the floor. Took me a while, but I figured out what was wrong: ALWAYS empty the water from the coffee urn BEFORE brewing the coffee!
What a start to the day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I suggest filling the urns with hot watter at the end of the day. In the morning just dump the water out and the urns should still be warm. Just make sure you don't fill them up with COLD water!