Monday, October 30, 2006

Perfection and Belize

"If you give [God] an inch, He will take an ell....That is why He warned people to 'count the cost' before becoming Christians. 'Make no mistake,' He says, 'if you let me, I will make you perfect. The moment you put yourself in My hands, that is what you are in for. Nothing less, or other, than that. You have free will, and if you choose, you can push Me away. But if you do not push Me away, understand that I am going to see this job through. Whatever suffering it may cost you in your earthly life, whatever inconceivable purification it may cost you after death, whatever it costs Me, I will never rest, nor let you rest, until you are literally perfect--until my Father can say without reservation that He is well pleased with you, as He said He was well pleased with me. This I can do and will do. But I will not do anything less.'" --'Mere Christianity' by C.S. Lewis
Doesn't that just fill you with hope? No matter how frustrated you get with your failings, no matter how much you want to give up on yourself, Jesus never will. He can't. When you're His, you're HIS for KEEPS, and He will never stop making you perfect until you are.
So, today went pretty well. I've been up since 5 am (VERY early for me) to say goodbye to Dad, Mom, and Andy-boy. They're in Seattle right now, and fly to BELIZE tomorrow! Three very important weeks to follow. Man, I can't believe they're going to be gone that long. And to be honest, I'm kinda scared. I mean, I've talked about them going, and I've talked about them moving and about me moving to Vancouver, but this sudden realization that all this is more than talk is suddenly rather frightening. But if God's in it, it will all be for the good.

No comments: