Sunday, July 16, 2006

The time before Once Upon a Time

I feel like I'm back in that awkward transition time of life. I've come from one place and I'm headed to the next, but I don't know where it is yet. And that makes the time...hard. And yet, I feel like I've had assurances from God Himself that He has things under control and that it's all gonna turn out ok. So when I remember that, the future seems exciting. Where's He going to take me? What am I going to do? At times I am impatient for the next part to come because I'm SURE it is going to be great, but that impatience causes me to miss out on the current part which also has it's goodness. It's really going to be interesting to look back and see how it all fits together.
I've had parts of Third Day's song "Rise Up" going through my head recently. It says some of what I'm feeling.

Don't let your heart be troubled
This world will never keep you down
It will never keep you down
So rise up, my friend
[Know] this will never be the end
So rise up, my friend
And live again
...But in your weakness you will learn to find
That I will always be your strength
I know I said I might not update much...well, I guess I need to. So, as long as my wrists will let me, I'll keep at it. But if I disappear, no one call the police. The Serial Killer didn't get me, my wrists probably did. Amy, that's for you.
"Trust in the LORD and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you your heart's desires." --Ps 37:3+4

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee hee...oh Layne!! That serial killer!!! Your blog reminded me SO MUCH of the way I felt during the second half of my grade 12 year. I can definitely relate..and yes, it will be exciting and will be very interesting to look back and see how everything turned out.
Hey, how are the huckleberries doing?

Rachel said...

this post is so totally along the lines that i've been thinking too =) thanx for your comment, any friend of hillary is a friend of mine =)

patience...what a virtue, hey?